A two-week program full of history, culture and personal encounters of Egyptians, Nubians and Bedouins. We begin in Cairo where we discover the ancient history of the Pharaohs and then head for the northern Egyptian coast on the Mediterranean to learn about the battles of World War II between Rommel and Montgomery. Moving south we visit all the main oases of the Western Desert including the Qattara Depression and some pre-historic desert lakes. Further south in Aswan we meet the Nubians on a Felucca ride from Aswan to Edfu. The east and west banks of Luxor with their main attractions are not
forgotten. This is a tour where most materialistic needs are left behind. Life is luxuriously simple Most nights are spent around a campfire in the desert or on the Nile, listening to age-old stories by Bedouins and Nubians . After our Felucca Nile Cruise, it is possible to begin another adventure in the Sinai Peninsula on camelback.
01. Arrival to Cairo International Airport and transfer to hotel Overnight.
02. Visit the Pyramids of Gizeh and the Sphinx, driving further through the desert to El-Alamein to visit the WW 2 English, Italian and German memorials. Afternoon, drive further to Marsa Matruh. Overnight in a hotel
03. Visit the Rommel Museum and drive further on & off-road for lunch at Bir el Nos. Afternoon drive to the oasis village of Garet el Saghir in the Qattara Depression. Overnight under the stars.
04.Four hour off-road drive to Siwa. Afternoon visit Jebel el Mawtah (Mountain of the Dead). Overnight on the edge of the Great Sand Sea at the hot water springs of Bir Wahed
05. After a refreshing bath in the spring, visit the oasis town of Siwa (Aghurmi, the old city of Schali, Cleopatra's Bath and the island of Fatinasia). Overnight under the stars at Jebel el Dakroury.
06. After a one-hour off-road drive to the Roman cemetery of El Awaf, drive further to the ancient burial grounds of El Arag. Afternoon, drive through the Great Sand Sea and overnight on the shores of the pre-historic lake of Bahrain.
07. Three hour on and off-road drive to the desert lakes of Setra and Nawamisa. After lunch drive further to Bahareya and overnight at Bir el Ghaba.
08. Visit the Paharaonic temple of Meftella and the ancient Roman town of Beshnu. Afternoon drive further to the Black Desert and Crystal Mountain. Overnight in the White Desert
09 Drive through the White Desert to reach the oasis of Farafra. . Visit the Badr local pottery museum and swim at Bir Setta. Afternoon, 4 hour on and off-road drive to Dakhla to visit the Roman and Pharaonic temples of Musawaka and the town of Mut. Overnight.
10 Visit the village of Bashendi and the Pharaonic tombs of the area. Afternoon drive to Kharga. Overnight
11 Visit the Hibis Temple and the early Christian tombs of Bagawat. Afternoon drive to Luxor and overnight in Hotel
12 Morning visit of the West Bank of Luxor (Valley of Kings, tombs of Nobles, Hatshepsut Temple & Colossi of Memnon). After lunch drive south along the Nile to Aswan. Afternoon free at leisure to visit the famous spice market or visit any of the tourist attractions in Aswan (optional). In the evening we embark the Felluca that will take us back north towards Luxor.
13. Having left Aswan during the night, we arrive in Kom Ombo this morning and visit the double –temple of Horus and Sobek with its mummified crocodiles. Sail further to Edfu to visit the best preserved ancient Egyptian Temple of Horus.
14 Morning arrival in Esna. Disembark, visit the Esna Temple and drive back to Luxor. Afternoon visit the Karnak and Luxor Temples. Sleeper-train to Cairo or transfer to Hurghada for the extension of your choice. (A relaxing week in the sun on the beach or another adventure on camels in Sinai) (Felluca Photo Gallery)
15 Morning arrival in Cairo and transfer to Airport for your final departure back home